The Adult Discipleship and Ministry of St. Paul UMC offers many opportunities for adults of all ages and stages of life. There are small groups for singles, men only, women only, couples and combinations of all of these. Study topics vary from books of the Bible to life directing topical subjects. Strong friendships are formed among members of these groups as they grow in their understanding of God and His plan for their lives. We welcome you to come and find that group that God has created with you in mind.
Below are a list of our current adult classes, meeting on Sunday Morning at our East Campus.
ADULTING (Is Better Together)
- NEW!! Small Group forming! Meets 10:15 am | Sundays | St. Paul East Campus | Led by Laura Bowie & Mike Pepper
WINGS (Women Interested iN Growing Spiritually)
- Room 108 Downstairs
Long-standing, Bible-based women’s small group seeking to grow in love with one another and Christ. Focused on study of the quarterly Adult Bible Studies published by Cokesbury.
Led by: Lisa Morton & Betsy McCall
Halfway Home—Adult Men and Women of All Ages
- In the Fellowship Hall Multi-generational, well-sized class that follows quarterly Adult Bible Studies published by Cokesbury and encourages participation from all. Lifts up prayer needs of others and provides for those in need. Led by: Rotational teacher schedule
Genesis—Adult Men and Women
- Room 201 Upstairs
Long-standing, Bible-based small group focused on in-depth study of the quarterly Adult Bible Studies published by Cokesbury with intermittent discussion starter series.
Led by: Leonard Vergunst
Searchers—Adult Men and Women
- Room 202 Upstairs Long-standing, Bible-based small group focused on study of quarterly Adult Bible Studies pulished by Cokesbury. Led by: Hal Galloway
GIFT (Growing In Faith Together)
- Adult Men and Women of all Ages: Room 203 Upstairs Small group focused on growing in faith together through prayer and the study of God’s word. Intermittent rotation of Bible studies and “light-hearted” discussion starter series. Led by: Ben & Marie Mullen/Scott & Barbara Lemon (volunteers welcome ☺)
Cokesbury—Adult Men and Women
- Room 205 Upstairs Long-standing, Bible-based small group focused on study of quarterly Adult Bible Studies. Open minds and open hearts with continued quest for a firm understanding of God’s word. Led by: George Murphy
Come Join Our New Adult Connection Group
You are Invited to Join
GIFT (Growing In Faith together) CONNECTION GROUP:
at St. Paul East Methodist Church
on the corner of Hwy 90 and Hwy 57 in Ocean Springs, MS
at 10:30 a.m., Rm 203, on Sundays
Join us June 5th as we begin a new study Love Does : Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World by New York times best-selling author Bob Goff. When Love Does, life gets interesting. Each day turns into a hilarious, whimsical, meaningful chance that makes faith simple and real. Each chapter is a story that forms a book, a life. This 5-session, video-based small group study is light and fun, unique and profound. This is a study you don't want to miss.
Recovery Support Groups
Want a brochure or more info on one of our support groups? Call Reverend Lynette Little at 228-875-5701.
Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce. DivorceCare is a friendly caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life's most difficult experiences. Don't go through separation or divorce alone.
It hurts to lose someone. Find help at Griefshare, a friendly caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life's most difficult experiences. You don't have to go through the grieving process alone.